WHO WITH ?
& WHEN ?
MANAGING TOOL - ODG
This tool is a true information system for city centres. based on market research and statistical data, qualitative and quantitative surveys, etc. It produces key performance indicators as well as technical documents to evaluate the full potential of your territory. By assessing the surroundings and context in which the city centre evolves, an objective comparison between the stakeholders’ perception and the field reality can be made.
Thanks to the results provided by the managing tool, cities can elaborate their vision, shape their strategic plan, define their priorities for action, look for appropriate investors, monitor actions carried out, assess the evolution of their urban core over the years, etc.
First used in Belgium to fight against shop vacancy, the managing tool has soon found followers in New Caledonia, France and Italy, where it is a key instrument for town centre operators. It is now also used in Japan.
We diffuse methods and techniques to collect data, processes and certifies, and can also, on request, technically supports in analyzing the collected data. Metrics and trends are provided so results can be estimated and interpreted.
Counting pedestrians is key to understanding how a place works: global flows, traffic hours, when ? where ? etc. Knowing how your city centre is used today allows adjustments to influence tomorrow’s performance and flows.
The 24/24 automated pedestrian counters offer a non-stop, 24/7 basis counting, 365 days a year. With the figure and data analyses, it provides a clear understanding of how the city centre works. The metrics also supports investors’ research, entrepreneurs’ business plans, and brands’ locations. It monitors the flows’ evolution and measures the vitality of commercial streets.
Pedestrian flows are a photograph in figures of your territory. They provide tools to choose priorities for action, examine the changes within the area from one year to the other, assess the impact of an event (celebration, works, construction site, markets, etc.) on the city centre and promote your territory to the real estate market.
We offer the following services :
- Exclusive monthly/ yearly rental to test this technology without definitive investment,
- A preliminary study covering a defined scope for intervention,
- The configuration, set-up and dismantling of the counters,
- Data processing and adjustments,
- A monthly report with adjusted data.
MANAGING TOOL - Customized development for :
- Neuville-Sur-Saône, France (since 2009)
- Saint Denis, La Réunion, France (2011-2017)
- Nouméa, New Caledonia, France, for the City of Nouméa and the Chamber of Commerce of New Caledonia (2007-2015)
- Avignon, France (2010-2012)
- Darfo and Voghera, Region of Lombardy, Italy (2009)
- Moncalieri and Chivasso, Turin, Italy (2007 – 2009)
Ongoing data processing for the Walloon town centre managements : cartographies/ surveys/ flows/ plans/ customer catchment areas - 1997-2018
AUTOMATIC COUNTERS IN :
- Louvain la Neuve
- Marseille, France
- Saint Denis, La Réunion – France
- Tarbes, France